Old 27-08-2007, 04:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Kingdon Jim Kingdon is offline

Default Lawn care tools

Next year I will be taking care of the lawn rather than using a local
lawn services, I simply can't afford it any more. Besides my lawn
mower, edge trimmer and leaf blower are there any other tools that I
need in order to keep my lawn healthy? I leave in North Eastern, NJ.

Maybe a book or two?

The only one I've read cover-to-cover is Paul Tukey's Organic Lawn
Care Manual (
http://www.ppplants.com/resources/or...n_care_manual/ ). Seemed
pretty good (especially the sections on identifying pests and
weeds, and relating them to nutrient deficiencies and the like). I'm
sure there are other books, including how to apply chemical
fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides, if you decide to go that
route (applying the wrong thing, at the wrong time of year, or at the
wrong dosage, will be useless or worse).