Old 27-08-2007, 07:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Enlarged pond

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:39:38 CST, "sbolte" wrote:

Hi All,
This spring we enlarged and deepened our backyard pond. We thought the
liner had a leak but it turned out to be the biological filter. The pond is
about 9 x 20 and is 34 inches deep at the deepest end. All the rocks came
from digging the foundation for our house addition. We are also babysitting
5 big Koi and 1 big Gold Fish for neighbors that moved to a house without a
pond. We added 26 cent Gold Fish and Shebunkins and 2 tiny Koi. The Koi
love to munch on our plants so we are altering the vegitation in the pond.
We have 10 babies so the Koi must have gotten together, all the others are
too young. Our pond is in mostly shade with direct sun at a few specific
times of the day. We are in Richmond, Va. Photos are he
http://www.pbase.com/brillo/pond__deck_construction and can be viewed
individually or as a slide show.
This newsgroup is very enjoyable and informative. We have enjoyd the othe
pond photos.
Steve

That is really well done Steve, I love the addition to the pond and the
added deck. Lovely yard! I do have a bit of bad news, I afraid your babies
are goldfish. Look for the barbels. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us