Old 27-08-2007, 11:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clark[_2_] Clark[_2_] is offline

Default Still going back and forth with Sears

This friggen thing must have been built by retarded illegal immigrants on a
Friday before a three day weekend,

Don't get me wrong, there are allot of things I like about this lawn
tractor, but.
for those who forget or don't know, the link is here.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07128738000P?filter=Horsepower%7C22+ hp&vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&cName=Lawn+Tractors&sName =Lawn+Tractor+Series&sLevel=2|3

The Sears guy came to see the mower for the 2nd time about a month ago, at
my request to check the engine after the motor was stopped cold by a friggen
twig, anyway.

The Sears guy did like the Toro (32" 8hp rear engine) and looked at that
more than the one he was supposed to be looking at, but I digress.

I have really have liked the new mower since I took apart the seat kill
switch and fixed it so I could lean or stand up if I have to (a little
cardboard and some shipping tape did the trick) yea, I was gonna do paper
clips but it is a four wire switch etc. Oh and the new blades are allot
tougher.

The reason I called Sears this time (I'm starting to think I'm a pain in the
ass) but, The mower deck has 6 settings as do most, and well 3 hits the
ground and 2 and 1 , well, don't work.

So I went to Sears today and checked all their models, guess what? All of
the mowers worked from 1 to 6 and topped out at four inches. (yes I brought
a tape measure too)

The deck just sits to low, for instance I need to mow at a height of 5 and
even then I'm at a mere 1 1/2 inches ( it tops out at 1 3/4 inches at six)

The Mower deck is supposed to max out on 6 at a level of 4 inches

I tried adjusting everything! I even went to Tractor Supply and bought a
cable crimp and put it on the "non adjustable" side (then adjusted the other
side) , but then level one, two and six did not work (but I did get about 3
1/2 inches of blade height at level 5).

Any ideas????
I have a month before I can just return it, but like I said there are allot
of things I like about this mower.

Clark