Old 28-08-2007, 01:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Still going back and forth with Sears

"Clark" wrote in message
This friggen thing must have been built by retarded illegal immigrants on
a Friday before a three day weekend,

Don't get me wrong, there are allot of things I like about this lawn
tractor, but.
for those who forget or don't know, the link is here.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07128738000P?filter=Horsepower%7C22+ hp&vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&cName=Lawn+Tractors&sName =Lawn+Tractor+Series&sLevel=2|3

The Sears guy came to see the mower for the 2nd time about a month ago, at
my request to check the engine after the motor was stopped cold by a
friggen twig, anyway.

The Sears guy did like the Toro (32" 8hp rear engine) and looked at that
more than the one he was supposed to be looking at, but I digress.

I have really have liked the new mower since I took apart the seat kill
switch and fixed it so I could lean or stand up if I have to (a little
cardboard and some shipping tape did the trick) yea, I was gonna do paper
clips but it is a four wire switch etc. Oh and the new blades are allot
tougher.

The reason I called Sears this time (I'm starting to think I'm a pain in
the ass) but, The mower deck has 6 settings as do most, and well 3 hits
the ground and 2 and 1 , well, don't work.

So I went to Sears today and checked all their models, guess what? All of
the mowers worked from 1 to 6 and topped out at four inches. (yes I
brought a tape measure too)

The deck just sits to low, for instance I need to mow at a height of 5 and
even then I'm at a mere 1 1/2 inches ( it tops out at 1 3/4 inches at six)

The Mower deck is supposed to max out on 6 at a level of 4 inches

I tried adjusting everything! I even went to Tractor Supply and bought a
cable crimp and put it on the "non adjustable" side (then adjusted the
other side) , but then level one, two and six did not work (but I did get
about 3 1/2 inches of blade height at level 5).

Any ideas????
I have a month before I can just return it, but like I said there are
allot of things I like about this mower.

Clark

You shouldn't have to do anything special with the mower deck (the cable
crimp). And Sears should be able to set it up so it sits at the correct
heights. If not how about asking them to exchange it for another of the same
model ?