Old 28-08-2007, 02:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Dave is offline

Default Still going back and forth with Sears

Hi!

See my post on 8/12/07.

Can relate to what you're saying.

Update. Received phone call from extended warranty assigned repair facility
on the day after I received the repair parts for my Troybilt riding mower
form mtdonline website. They wanted to know when to come out and pick it
up. Told them I fixed it myself in lieu of all the time to contact me for
that purpose.

I was mistaken in the bolt/washer/nut in the RH side of the deck connection
to the rod that lowers/raised the deck. Nut/bolt/washer are only on the LH
part of the deck assy. Only a pin assy is involved on RH side. Not a
cotter pin as the online parts pictorial indicated. I went to Lowes to view
an assembled riding mower identical to mine to verify. Installed the
missing pin, it works like a charm.

Installed a fitting and adapter for washing down the bottom side of the deck
with a garden hose. I received that with my the pin. Wait till late fall
or winter to use your extended warranty on your riding lawn mower. Takes a
long time for all the gears to work for them to get around to doing
something.
Dave
Dave
"Clark" wrote in message
This friggen thing must have been built by retarded illegal immigrants on
a Friday before a three day weekend,

Don't get me wrong, there are allot of things I like about this lawn
tractor, but.
for those who forget or don't know, the link is here.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07128738000P?filter=Horsepower%7C22+ hp&vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&cName=Lawn+Tractors&sName =Lawn+Tractor+Series&sLevel=2|3

The Sears guy came to see the mower for the 2nd time about a month ago, at
my request to check the engine after the motor was stopped cold by a
friggen twig, anyway.

The Sears guy did like the Toro (32" 8hp rear engine) and looked at that
more than the one he was supposed to be looking at, but I digress.

I have really have liked the new mower since I took apart the seat kill
switch and fixed it so I could lean or stand up if I have to (a little
cardboard and some shipping tape did the trick) yea, I was gonna do paper
clips but it is a four wire switch etc. Oh and the new blades are allot
tougher.

The reason I called Sears this time (I'm starting to think I'm a pain in
the ass) but, The mower deck has 6 settings as do most, and well 3 hits
the ground and 2 and 1 , well, don't work.

So I went to Sears today and checked all their models, guess what? All of
the mowers worked from 1 to 6 and topped out at four inches. (yes I
brought a tape measure too)

The deck just sits to low, for instance I need to mow at a height of 5 and
even then I'm at a mere 1 1/2 inches ( it tops out at 1 3/4 inches at six)

The Mower deck is supposed to max out on 6 at a level of 4 inches

I tried adjusting everything! I even went to Tractor Supply and bought a
cable crimp and put it on the "non adjustable" side (then adjusted the
other side) , but then level one, two and six did not work (but I did get
about 3 1/2 inches of blade height at level 5).

Any ideas????
I have a month before I can just return it, but like I said there are
allot of things I like about this mower.

Clark