Old 28-08-2007, 04:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Tomato pesticides, anything better than Malathion?

In article .com,
wrote:

On Aug 20, 8:09 am, James wrote:
On Aug 20, 10:04 am, wrote:

Instead of applying so often and washing off you should leave the
poison on the plants so it can have a chance to kill.- Hide quoted text -

That's a good point, but Malathion does seem to damage the foliage,
and it tends to become concentrated at leaf tips, on account of the
curl. I'm trying to avoid that when I do the second tap water spray.
Maybe if I left the Malathion spray on longer, maybe a half or three
quarters of an hour before hitting them with straight tap water
again? I'm using Smart and Final spray bottles to spray with, at a
dollar apiece I thought would do the job well enough, but they seem to
deliver rather too much spray too hard.

You have been warned. Use malathion on your food at your peril.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley