Old 28-08-2007, 08:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Tomato pesticides, anything better than Malathion?

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:

On Aug 20, 8:09 am, James wrote:
On Aug 20, 10:04 am, wrote:

Instead of applying so often and washing off you should leave the
poison on the plants so it can have a chance to kill.- Hide quoted text -

That's a good point, but Malathion does seem to damage the foliage,
and it tends to become concentrated at leaf tips, on account of the
curl. I'm trying to avoid that when I do the second tap water spray.
Maybe if I left the Malathion spray on longer, maybe a half or three
quarters of an hour before hitting them with straight tap water
again? I'm using Smart and Final spray bottles to spray with, at a
dollar apiece I thought would do the job well enough, but they seem to
deliver rather too much spray too hard.

You have been warned. Use malathion on your food at your peril.

Agreed.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.