Old 28-08-2007, 02:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Another Bee Bites the Dust

On 8/27/07 9:49 PM, in article ,
"enigma" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

Hee Lee, how's your summer been?

busy. i bought a place in upstate NY, mostly for summer use by
the SO's family. it has a nice veggie garden spot oh, and
black currents! i was really surprised & delighted to find
them.

Sounds nice!
i need to redo my upper garden. i think it'll be an herb
garden, but with a lilac because i'm not moving the poor thing
*again*.

Need chives! LOL
how's your summer?

Long form or short form
Short form - summer from hell. DS broke his leg, needed surgery (3 screws
stay put, one comes out in a month). I cut my left index finger, needed nine
stitches, still having issues with the scar.

Actually, I've had mason and bumble bees investigate sweet
drinks. Not often, but it has happened at least twice. It
was sweet mint tea, not a cola...

late August is when the yellowjackets go into overdrive
trying to store sweets & protein for winter (even though they
don't winter over well in New England). while the masons &
bumbles might investigate, those yellowjackets are staking a
claim & they love sodapop. it's good for baiting wasp traps
this time of year (whereas something stinky, like catfood,
works better in early summer)
lee

I hate yellow jackets. They are just nasty to be nasty.

Cheryl