Old 02-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Dave Sheehy

Default RBG Orchid show in Burlington Ont

Ted Byers ) wrote:
: I agree with you regarding Irises and Lilies, they have been favourites of
: mine for years. We moved to a new home last year that has about half an
: acre of gardens full of unusual (for our location) plants, trees and
: shrubs. There where very few Iris or lilies. I hope to correct that
: problem!

I'm an Iris fan too. Two years ago I moved my Irises from the hill they were
planted on (and were doing very poorly there) to a bed just outside the
breakfast nook. Most of the Iris have scapes and the show is just beginning.
One of my favorites, "Autograph" (very light blue almost white stds and falls
with a blue beard), has already started blooming. The weather is pretty cool
right now so if it holds the show will last a while longer than usual.

Dave