Old 28-08-2007, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default David vs. Goliath

Pennyaline wrote:
Persephone wrote:
At this Web site

http://suedbyscotts.com/

you will find details of an infamous lawsuit by
Scott's against tiny Terracycle, a company
that sells liquid worm poop.

Many of us use worm castings or liquid version
in our gardens; we know how efficacious it is.

Why giant Scott's would take out after a tiny
organic company that is no threat to their market
share is hard to fathom.

But if you go to the Web site and read up on the
history, you may be as upset as moi with the unfairness
of the lawsuit. Perhaps you will take a minute to send Terracycle a
message of support.

Camel is trying to get its nose into the tent...

Note: This came to my attention via the Jim Hightower
newsletter. Jim is a good ole' boy who gleefully outs the
"malefactors of great wealth", aka the bad guys, in his monthly
newsletter. Go to http://jimhightower.com/

Persephone

Terracycle's packaging is very similar is color and design to Scott's.
Scott's is concerned that consumers will misperceive the Terracycle
product for the more familiar Scott's and mistake it for a Scott's product.

But why this means that Scott's must destroy Terracycle is beyond me.

David is not always right and Goliath always wrong, but I read thru the
legal filings and I think Scott's is gonna lose this one bigtime on the
trademark abandonment issue.

Scott's must destroy Terracycle because J. Hagedorn (CEO of Scott's) is
a self-proclaimed bully and is proud of it. I think he assumed
Terracycle was too small to fight back.

Not a lawyer,
Bob