Old 28-08-2007, 05:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
jacko jacko is offline

Default Still going back and forth with Sears

Aha, now I get it. It's not you that's in love with it. Ya gotta go with the
boss. :-)
Just don't let Sears get over your time. You paid 100% and should get 100%
satisfaction. There are plenty of other mowers out there with similar
features. You know of course that Sears doesn't manufacture mowers. They are
made by Murray, Yardman or similar manufacturer. Look around and you'll
probably find the exact same mower, sold under a different brand name but
sold by a dealer with some ethics.
Good luck.

"Clark" wrote in message
jacko wrote:
This is beaten to death. For God's sake return it and get a good mower.
Why are you so in love with an apparent piece of shit. There
are lots of good ones out there, sold by people who will look after
you.

Not patient man Jacko?
This is their last chance on the mower, It's not so much I love it but,
the features it has are the one's Kathy likes.
And after all in her words she wants to be comfortable and be able to mow
with it when " Your not around "
of course meaning if I get hit by a meteorite tomorrow and die.
time will tell.

Clark

"Clark" wrote in message
This friggen thing must have been built by retarded illegal
immigrants on a Friday before a three day weekend,

Don't get me wrong, there are allot of things I like about this lawn
tractor, but.
for those who forget or don't know, the link is here.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07128738000P?filter=Horsepower%7C22+ hp&vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&cName=Lawn+Tractors&sName =Lawn+Tractor+Series&sLevel=2|3

The Sears guy came to see the mower for the 2nd time about a month
ago, at my request to check the engine after the motor was stopped
cold by a friggen twig, anyway.

The Sears guy did like the Toro (32" 8hp rear engine) and looked at
that more than the one he was supposed to be looking at, but I
digress. I have really have liked the new mower since I took apart the
seat
kill switch and fixed it so I could lean or stand up if I have to (a
little cardboard and some shipping tape did the trick) yea, I was
gonna do paper clips but it is a four wire switch etc. Oh and the
new blades are allot tougher.

The reason I called Sears this time (I'm starting to think I'm a
pain in the ass) but, The mower deck has 6 settings as do most, and
well 3 hits the ground and 2 and 1 , well, don't work.

So I went to Sears today and checked all their models, guess what? All
of the mowers worked from 1 to 6 and topped out at four inches.
(yes I brought a tape measure too)

The deck just sits to low, for instance I need to mow at a height of
5 and even then I'm at a mere 1 1/2 inches ( it tops out at 1 3/4
inches at six) The Mower deck is supposed to max out on 6 at a level of
4 inches

I tried adjusting everything! I even went to Tractor Supply and
bought a cable crimp and put it on the "non adjustable" side (then
adjusted the other side) , but then level one, two and six did not
work (but I did get about 3 1/2 inches of blade height at level 5).

Any ideas????
I have a month before I can just return it, but like I said there are
allot of things I like about this mower.

Clark