Old 28-08-2007, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Gazing from the window......

On 28/8/07 12:03, in article ,
"Rhiannon_s" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
this morning, I found myself idly thinking of what I would do to alter or
add to our garden, if I could. I really love it as it is so it's no big
deal but I think the one thing I'd *really* like is a stream meandering
through it. We have water just under the surface all around us, so it's
quite irritating not to have any ON the surface! ;-)
What would everyone else add, alter, take away, assuming money was no
object?

I'd restyle into a japanese garden with a proper teahouse and pagoda. And
possible an orrery folly.

I had to look up Orrery. ;-) Do you have any photographs of what you're
thinking of and didn't someone do something similar at Chelsea a few years
ago?
This is the Japanese garden at Huntington Gardens, CA. We thought it was
wonderful:
http://tinyurl.com/2xplff

--
Rhiannon_s
Once you accept "because" as a valid reason the world becomes a much simpler

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk