Old 28-08-2007, 10:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Another Bee Bites the Dust

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

On 8/28/07 3:50 PM, in article
.com, "thistletoes"
wrote:
snip

In case anyone is interested, unseasoned meat tenderizer, applied as
soon as possible to the stung area - which you liberally moisten with
water first - takes away pain and digests the venom. I've used this
remedy on my family for 40 years, but I never was stung by a wasp till
just this week. I ran in the house, wet my hand, sprinkled on the
meat tenderizer which has sat in mu cupboard most of my married life,
and in just a few minutes, the searing pain left and my hand was
neither swelled nor red.
Deb

I've used baking soda with equal success. Both are in the hiking emergency
kit.

If there is plantain around (the weed, not the banana G), chew up a
leaf and apply it to the sting. Beeks all over have recommended this
method. I haven't been stung recently, so I haven't tried it.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts