Old 29-08-2007, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Any hope for my 40 year old Cypress?

--
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html
and
Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com

Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Fartcat" wrote in message

My garden is flanked by a number of evergreens, including Leylandii and
Cypress, which were planted back in the 60s.

Last year one of our Leylandii completely died. We had it cut out, by
the guy who trims them each year.

I'm now really concerned as the same seems to be happening to my 20ft
Cypress and, to a lesser extent, to my 35ft Cypress planted a few feet
from the stump of the Leylandii.

Is there anything I can do to save them, they're considerably more
attractive than the neighbours!!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

--