Old 29-08-2007, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default spider mites

--
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html
and
Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com

Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Manelli Family" wrote in message

"blackdog" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 27, 4:14 pm, "Manelli Family" wrote:
We're having a terrible drought where I live and spider mites have been
are
nightmare. I've sprayed my large number of inpatients with several
insecticides including a systemic and these pests keep coming back.
Today I
bought Neem Oil to try. has anyone had a problem using this product on
flowers such as impatiens, orchids, geraniums etc?

Also black-leg rot is killing off many of the geraniums and impatiens.
I'm
about to give up for the summer...... :-(

I know that spider mites hate water. In the beginning of the
spidermite period I used to shoot my roses with a strong spray of
water. It knocks off quite a bit. The sunspray oil worked but also
burned in summer, maybe Neem oil would do the trick. There were a few
other things we used for spider mites but I hate chemicals and prefer
non-toxic.

I sprayed them with water every other evening when I watered and that did
nothing to get rid of the mites. I don't like using chemicals either but
the numbers of mites and number of afflicted plants were totally out of
hand.