Old 29-08-2007, 02:27 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default A post NOT about my mower but about pine trees and new grass.

Clark said:

I was told by my neighbor that in both cases with grass and moss, I should
just lime the heck out of my property.

Lime probably wouldn't hurt, although I'm not sure how long you'd have to
wait (if at all) after seeding before applying it. When did you plant?

He has told me that he has limed the heck out of his property ( we have lots
of pine trees ) and it worked for him.

Lime will definately help counter the acidity of the pine needles.

I'm assuming he is right, and the new grass at $40.00 a bag times 5 is dying
even with allot of water.

Didn't anyone tell you that seeding in the summer wasn't a good idea? =P

put it this way I read the bag and it ain't working...

It works. Read it again. =P

Eggs?

Prolly better to ask Steveo or trader. They know way more about turfgrass
maintainence than I do. =)

--

Eggs

Can a storm be officially designated as a tornado without touching down at
a trailer park?