Old 29-08-2007, 01:42 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clark[_2_] Clark[_2_] is offline

Default A post NOT about my mower but about pine trees and new grass.

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

I was told by my neighbor that in both cases with grass and moss, I
should just lime the heck out of my property.

Lime probably wouldn't hurt, although I'm not sure how long you'd
have to wait (if at all) after seeding before applying it. When did
you plant?

June, yea I planted in June, but I have been watering

He has told me that he has limed the heck out of his property ( we
have lots of pine trees ) and it worked for him.

Lime will definitely help counter the acidity of the pine needles.

I'm assuming he is right, and the new grass at $40.00 a bag times 5
is dying even with allot of water.

Didn't anyone tell you that seeding in the summer wasn't a good idea?
=P

yea, including you, my father, and the bag of grass, but the front lawn
looked like a dust bowl.
put it this way I read the bag and it ain't working...

It works. Read it again. =P

I have A.D.D. and I'm dyslexic, so I'm not really doing that bad really.
(it takes me two days to respond to these post sometimes) lol

Eggs?

Prolly better to ask Steveo or trader. They know way more about
turfgrass maintenance than I do. =)

I hope Oevets and Redart will contribute to this thread. :-p

Clark