Old 29-08-2007, 04:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Gene Schurg Gene Schurg is offline

Default Home Depot ...........

Actually, I find the plants on line to be very inexpensive. The trick is
that you have to get enough shipped to you at a time so that the shipping
costs are spread across all the plants. Some companies like Carmela in
Hawaii charge a flat rate ($20 if I remember correctly). If you have some
who wants to share the order that makes it even better bargain.

H&R (also in Hawaii) is very resonable with the shipping costs and their
plants are quite cheap.

OakHillGardens has been great for mail order and have nice plants.

I recommend mailorder as a great way to ge some really cool plants that you
would never find at a Home Depot.

Good Growing,
Gene

"Manelli Family" wrote in message

"SuE" wrote in message
You have to be an Orchidholic to understand the reasoning. No one in
his office did.

I may start checking online Orchid sellers and see what's involved in
purchasing some plants that way. But here again, this is a hobby for
those with nice incomes. That limits some of us to how many plants we can
afford to buy. Aside from the money I also like to get plants young and
small and have the pleasure of watching them grow while others want a
mature plant ready to flower.