Old 02-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default tight shoes for dends

Ted,

Dends seem to do best when underpotted, but there are limits, after all.
Recently I repotted several large, rangy Dends with root balls that were not
going to tolerate anything less than 8" pots, even after substantial
trimming.

Are you positive that there were two distinct plants in the pots that you
bought? Sometimes, when you take a plant out of its pot, it will seem to
separate quite naturally, making it look like more than one plant.

As far as potting more than one plant in a pot, it helps to know what your
goals are. If you intend to show the plants at some future time, then it's
not a good idea; keep them separate. Also, if you put two together, if one
gets a fatal bug of some kind you're likely to lose both instead of just the
original offender. Then there's the issue of bloom cycles, etc.

Personally I'd opt for the smaller pots and keep the plants apart.

Diana