Old 29-08-2007, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pennyaline Pennyaline is offline

Default David vs. Goliath

zxcvbob wrote:
David is not always right and Goliath always wrong, but I read thru the
legal filings and I think Scott's is gonna lose this one bigtime on the
trademark abandonment issue.

Scott's must destroy Terracycle because J. Hagedorn (CEO of Scott's) is
a self-proclaimed bully and is proud of it. I think he assumed
Terracycle was too small to fight back.

Not a lawyer,
Bob

I was annoyed when Scott's acquired Stern's Miracle Grow, thinking only
that a nice little product would be corrupted and ruined. But I was not
aware then of the pogrom-like approach toward that acquisition. Hagedorn
should have his head handed to him, and this might be the act of hubris
that achieves it.