Old 29-08-2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Another Bee Bites the Dust

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:08:55 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 8/28/07 3:50 PM, in article
.com, "thistletoes"
wrote:
snip

In case anyone is interested, unseasoned meat tenderizer, applied as
soon as possible to the stung area - which you liberally moisten with
water first - takes away pain and digests the venom. I've used this
remedy on my family for 40 years, but I never was stung by a wasp till
just this week. I ran in the house, wet my hand, sprinkled on the
meat tenderizer which has sat in mu cupboard most of my married life,
and in just a few minutes, the searing pain left and my hand was
neither swelled nor red.
Deb

I've used baking soda with equal success. Both are in the hiking emergency
kit.

I use nothing, wait 30-60 minutes and it is virtually gone.
Can't find any clue that I was stung the next day. I've been
stung many times by most everything except Scorpions (none
in this area).

This reminds me of Granny Clampett's cure for the common
cold. It was some horrible concoction she would brew up and
feed you. In a week to 10 days your cold would be cured.
Worked every time! (grin)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b