Old 30-08-2007, 02:39 AM posted to misc.rural,rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Disillusionment Of A Tree Grower

"Way Back Jack" wrote in message
So I planted 1,000 trees over an eight-year period, and then Ronny
Reagan said that trees cause pollution. Apparently, a University of
Helsinki study confirmed this assertion in finding that trees,
especially conifers, release volative organic compounds that pollute.
In addition, they release NOX which contributes to smog.

I'm not getting into a ****ing contest with those who disagree; hell,
I ain't a scientist anyway. But there is no doubting the fact that
trees use copious amts. of H2O which, we are remineded, is in short
supply for an ever-growing world population.

Believe that was way after Reagan. Relates about forest clear cutting in
Finland. Maybe clear cutting your forest ain't a good idea.
Nitrous oxide is a laughing matter especially its aspect regarding man-made
chemicals involved in smog.
"Copious" is a matter of relative use vs. benefit. Where does the water go
if trees and the environment it creates are not present.
Water is not in short supply. Naturally appearing and hygenically safe to
drink water is becoming that way. So is breathable air, thanks to smog and
cutting down trees en masse.
Dave