Old 30-08-2007, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews Gill Matthews is offline

Default Did URG know this?

In article ,
says...
On 29/8/07 22:09, in article
, "Anne
snip

I've never heard of Alan J Holmes. Alan Holmes, who several people
think is a troll, is not. It's a pity if his name is taken in vain.

Don't you find it just a little ironic, Mary, that someone posting
from an anonymous address should make such an accusation?

I certainly do...

I'm lost, Anne. Do you mean you think it's a member of this group hiding
behind a sock puppet but persecuting Alan?

I don't know, Sacha, but I think it's questionable, to say the least, when
someone posts from an anonymous address to make accusations against one of
our regular posters...who's the troll, in this case?

Good question. Just what we need - another troublemaker. Any ideas? We
have some serious computer experts here so perhaps they can track it down.

Both Alan and Holmes are reasonably common names. I have twice in my life found
myself sharing a doctors surgery list with someone who has the same first name
and surname as me. Alan J Holmes appears to be posting genuinly from brunel
university and it is difficult to imagine getting such an account unless you
were a student or member of staff there.

Gill M
--

addy gill[at]pcservicesreading[dot]co[dot]uk