Old 30-08-2007, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default :-((Off we go again :-((

, I, Marvo, say :

On 30/8/07 09:01, in article , "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

in , I, Marvo, say :

I think you'll find you're not alone in that selection for the kill
file. I'm sure you're right that Puce thinks silence means support,
not realising it signifies kill files - ditto poor old Crowe.
However, if everyone kill files her she can go on giving the garbage
information she's just given Judith Lea re planting Oleanders
outdoors in hideously low winter temperatures and keeping them wet!

http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Nerium+oleander

It says you can plant Oleanders outdoors, down to -5 and -10 for
short periods.

Yes indeed. What the argument developed from was Puce refusing to
believe that Judith's village in France gets a LOT colder than that
and stays that way for some time.

She has a village in France? Blimey, that *is* posh :-)

I've never had one. Anything I say on here is something I've
actually done, not something I've read, unless it has one of these
after it :-)

My fingers are crossed with my Bougainvillea, it's staying outdoors
in bubble wrap unless it gets extreme.

Some people don't trust bubble wrap because it causes condensation
and the plants rot. On the whole, horticultural fleece might be
safer and you could build a frame covered in plastic to act as a sort
of mini greenhouse, perhaps?

I actually have a spare greenhouse frame, one of those metal ones with
shelves. If you don't put the shelves in it would hold the Bougainvillea.
Good idea.

This might provide some inspiration. ;-)
http://gallery.future-i.com/germany/pic:camellia-house/

Most excellent. I shall start building now :-)