Old 30-08-2007, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Did URG know this?

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 29/8/07 22:47, in article
,
" wrote:

On Aug 29, 9:32 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains
these
words:
"Mary" wrote in message
news
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....sg/aba846b893f...

4. Who is trolling here?

b. Alan J Holmes

I've never heard of Alan J Holmes. Alan Holmes, who several people
think is a troll, is not. It's a pity if his name is taken in vain.

Don't you find it just a little ironic, Mary, that someone posting
from an anonymous address should make such an accusation?

I certainly do...

Anne, so do I. And I know that Alan's name is taken in vain.

But not everyone does know, I suspect, and someone has to point out that
the
real Alan Holmes is one of us.

Whatever that means :-)

Mary- Hide quoted text -

I've met him and his wife, he is adorable and believe me, he is very
much a gardener.

I'll second that. He came to the first meet I held which was at my old
house. I think you had the caravan then, Alan, and Kay and family camped
on
the lawn while Cormaic and co. slept in the house. Some past and present
urglers were at that one - it was a lot of fun, as was the next, held
here.
I really must try to organise my time next year and see if we can do
another
one....

I'd love to come to another meet, but unfortuately I've had to get rid of
the caravan, and would hiave to find a room in a house somewhere.