Old 30-08-2007, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Lawn care tools

Hmmm.... Large number of postings here...
I think I will add to this madness here

My lawn consist of six acres. It takes about four hours per week to
take care of it. All by my self .... them ha ha he madness of it hmpff

Tools for my lawn...
The mower:
I worn out two cheap riding mowers in three years, each mower cost $2000.
My current mower is a $7000 Xmark Zero turn mower that I have had now
for six years ..... sweet.. still nice. I take it in each year for tune
ups - about $150. The thing is worth more than my truck.

Leaf blower: to clean the mower off, also has other purposes.
Air compressor: Use blow gun for cleaning mower - chuck for airing tires.
Breaker bar and 1" socket: for blade removal.
Blade Holder: for blade removal.
Dremil: hand rotary tool with grinding bit to sharpen blades.
My favorite tool for many purposes.
Fork lift: optional - I do not have one. At work they use these to lift
the mowers to clean under under the decks.
I have to use a car ramp to get under mine.
Trimmer: I prefer a straight one over curved ones.... Jokes go here

Items for the user:
Muai Jim sun glasses: $300 Great for mowing, keeps the dust out of eyes.
Saftey Glasses: $5 for trimming.
Paper Mask: Keeps lungs clear, however bad for the image.
Noise Canceling Headphones with an iPod: Nice to mow the yard
while listening to "Concrete Blonde"
Base ball cap: Mine is from the "Science Fiction Book Club"

And YES!
with all of this garb --- I do look like something from outer space.

Optional -- If you drink beer , I do not, Mower must have cup holders.
Does not work well with dust mask.

he he ha ha ah ah ahhhhhhh ......

Enjoy Life ..... Dan

In article ,
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom said:

"Javier" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 26, 1:41 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Javier" wrote in message

ups.com...

Next year I will be taking care of the lawn rather than using a local
lawn services, I simply can't afford it any more. Besides my lawn
mower, edge trimmer and leaf blower are there any other tools that I
need in order to keep my lawn healthy? I leave in North Eastern, NJ.

Javier

Some good hand weeding tools. And, don't be one of those people who
chases
one leaf around the yard for 3 hours with the blower, thereby making your
neighbors want to put a bullet in your head. You could replace the silly
thing with a good quality push broom.

Thanks,

So basically ditch the blower idea and use a push broom to get the
fall leaves to the curb so the town can pick them up?

Thanks,

Javier

No. You use a rake for the leaves. I can move leaves twice as fast as my
neighbor, who's got a leaf blower, and I ain't no spring chicken. Look in
your phone book for a REAL garden center, and tell them you need a rake for
leaves.

Guaranteed, you can't move leaves faster than a backpack blower, using only
a rake.

--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.