Old 30-08-2007, 10:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Lawn care tools

"Dan L." wrote in message
Hmmm.... Large number of postings here...
I think I will add to this madness here

My lawn consist of six acres. It takes about four hours per week to
take care of it. All by my self .... them ha ha he madness of it hmpff

Tools for my lawn...
The mower:
I worn out two cheap riding mowers in three years, each mower cost $2000.
My current mower is a $7000 Xmark Zero turn mower that I have had now

Items for the user:
Muai Jim sun glasses: $300 Great for mowing, keeps the dust out of eyes.
Saftey Glasses: $5 for trimming.
Paper Mask: Keeps lungs clear, however bad for the image.
Noise Canceling Headphones with an iPod: Nice to mow the yard
while listening to "Concrete Blonde"

Base ball cap: Mine is from the "Science Fiction Book Club"

They should have given you the ball cap to match the mower. John Deere sent
me one in the mail .. A big broad brim hat is really beter.

With 6 acers you do need a comercial type mower. I have about 1.5 acers to
actually mow and the Residential mower I have does not run fast enough to
suit me. Plenty of HP, but probably some government regulation on the speed
or the blade speed being too dangerous for the home owner.

I do use the cheep earmuffs to cut down on the noise while mowing and doing
the weed eating. Try not to do much weed eating and use Roundup. Also the
mask is worth having and so is a good pair of gloves.