Old 31-08-2007, 11:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Planting now

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

Right now I am picking asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, peas, several

letuces
and leafy greens, leeks, colards, kale. Waiting for strawberrys and
artichokes.

Waht are collards? I've seen references to them but never come across

them

Collard greens are a brassica, a bit like kale in that they don't form a
head and you keep cutting them and they last more than one season. The
leaves are quite large and fleshy where kale is thinner. Cabbage moth
grubs
don't bother them nearly as much as cabbage or cauliflower and they keep
going in hot weather.

They sound like worth trying. Did you use seeds?

Yes, no problems.

David