Old 31-08-2007, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default :-((Off we go again :-((

, I, Marvo, say
:

Like you said, I'm entitled to my opinion and I just can't reconcile
remaining silent in a public forum, which is by it's very nature a
community, when they see something occurring with which they don't
agree.

And then ...

Yeah but he doesn't have Betjeman's sense of whimsy or humour or
skill with words.

So, I have to say that Betjeman's "Ode On The Marriage Of Charles And Diana"
is possibly the singularly most trite piece writing since the great
McGonegal wrote the "The Railway Bridge of the Silvery Tay".

Burns was a genius.