Old 31-08-2007, 02:06 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default floating water lilly

"MattR" wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't know if this is a problem or not, but I have a now huge water
lilly that pulled itself out of its pot and is now floating and taking
over the top of my pond. Apparently it doesn't need soil. Should I try
and repot it?

Some koi will root plants right out of their pots. Use that product called
eggrock instead of gravel when you pot it up. It does discourage them from
digging and rooting in the pots.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.