Old 31-08-2007, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default New Lawn How?

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order and time
should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid of the old (how),
installing a sprinkler system or any thing else you can think of. Can
someone with experience please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.
Next the sprinkler system is installed.
Finally the new lawn is applied, sod or seeded.

Unless you possess more dollars than brain cells I strongly urge a
seeded lawn.

That you asked says you know less than nothing about this lawn topic.
I would even more strongly suggest you hire a landscaper that
specializes in installing automatic irrigation systems and lawns.