Old 31-08-2007, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Need help ID-ing a caterpillar

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:03:27 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Does any know of an outstanding site? I have one (actually it is two) I have
never seen before on my witch hazel.

It has a red head and "red hunchback" if those traits ring any bells. I'll
take a picture and throw myself on someone's mercy to post it - I don't get
binary groups.

Cheryl

A good little book to have:

Peterson First Guide to Caterpillars of North America
by Amy Bartlett Wright

Paperback: 128 pages
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin; 2Rev Ed edition (May 15, 1998)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0395911842
ISBN-13: 978-0395911846
Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 3.7 x 0.4 inches
Price: $5.95

http://www.amazon.com/Peterson-First.../dp/0395911842

Short and sweet book that is easy to thumb through and look
at the pictures/drawings. There are some larger, more in
depth books but this one isn't bad for the money (yes I have
one and it gets used

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b