Old 31-08-2007, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Swallows

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 31/8/07 13:25, in article , "Kate
Morgan" wrote:

It is usual for us Sacha, we have lived here about 10 years, and for the
first year we did not have any swallows but as soon as the stable block

was
built the word went round the swallow world and they moved in :-) They

come
in the middle of April and the last lot leave late Sept. The weather

does
not seem to have affected them one bit, all the nests had about 4/5

babes in
them and this is the first year we haven't spent climbing ladders

putting
them back in when they fall out :-)

snip

I'm green with envy. I *told* Ray we should have a pony and a donkey for
the grandchildren. ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

That's until like me today you fetch out of the barn the scaffold tower and
get covered in swallow poo!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk