Old 31-08-2007, 08:51 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Lost my best koi

k wrote:
ah, rats!
I'm sorry to hear that.

My favorite fish was named Monstro, after the
famous whale. Have tried not to get too attached
to the fish after that.

I was sorry to hear that, too. The first fish I lost was a 9" Ogon, who
started swimming poorly on his side. After a week of watching him start to
wither away, I put him in a Ziplok of pond water and put him in my freezer
'til he was gone. The next year, I had a beautiful Kohaku die. I did an
autopsy on her and discovered that she had become eggbound. After that,
I too, became rather detached about my roll as pondkeeper. Now they're all
gone and I have drained the pond. ;-(

~Semper Fi~