Old 31-08-2007, 10:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
raeannsimpson raeannsimpson is offline

Default cornstalks & soybeans

Hey Y'all.

Was wondering if anyone in the group has ever used cornstalks or
soybeans in the place of hay. I know there are a few others on here
that have livestock. We have decided to bale the cornstalks &
soybeans to use as hay. Have heard of others doing this, and a lot of
locals will probably be following in our footsteps in this, since we
have a severe shortage of hay this year.

How do the cattle & horses take to it? Has anyone had any success with
this?

Thanks!

Rae