Old 01-09-2007, 12:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Need help ID-ing a caterpillar

On 8/31/07 7:04 PM, in article ,
"Lar" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Does any know of an outstanding site? I have one (actually it is two) I have
never seen before on my witch hazel.

It has a red head and "red hunchback" if those traits ring any bells. I'll
take a picture and throw myself on someone's mercy to post it - I don't get
binary groups.

Cheryl

The caterpillars of "Hairstreak butterflies" come in various colors, but
are described as slug shaped (hunch backed?)

http://www.hiltonpond.org/images/CaterpillarGreen03.jpg
this is not the color of yours, but possibly the same shape?

Lar

I've found it - a red humped caterpillar.....