Old 31-08-2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Gene Schurg Gene Schurg is offline

Default Epidendrum from HD

That list is long for me....

I have a calamodin orange tree that I've been growing for 39 years! Outside
in summer, indoor in winter. I got it as a kid and it's moved with me about
6 times.

I have a couple of weeping figs that are 30 years old. Same routine each
year and I hack them back to keep them small enough to bring indoors in the
fall.

I have two macadamia nut trees from nuts I picked up in Maui two years ago.
Something different that most people here in the east don't ever see. I
also have a small pulmeria that is doing well.

Begonias, african mask, bonsai weeping fig, three bougainvilla, angel
trumpet (yellow and Pink), pots and pots of pothos that came from a cutting
from a friend 25 years ago and it came from her parents before that. Its a
great weed to grow under the benches in the Greenhouse.

A 5 year old staghorn fern that I was looking at yesterday and thinking
about giving away because it's becoming a big plant.

Parlor Palm that was recued from an office 25 years ago when the plant
maintenance people were going to throw it away......in a pot with no
drainage (and probably no more dirt). Just keeps growing.

A couple dozen Christmas Cactus that grow with the pothos under the benches.
No problem, just groom them in the spring (they bloom twice a year
Thanksgiving and late spring).

Clivia that I divided in the spring into 5 big clumps (will give 4 clumps
away) got from a lady who I used to cut her grass 20 years ago.

Geraniums that winter in the unheated garage and come back every year. One
is over 12 years old and just keeps going and going....so much so I almost
hate the color now.

About 50 pots of Amaryllis....I get them each year after new years day at
75% off (yeah...I am cheap!) then keep them all summer. The next year they
bloom for me in May when I can take them outdoors and forget about them...no
fuss.

Bunches of Ferns and other stuff that probably won't fit back indoors this
year.

and people can't understand why I want a bigger greenhouse!

Good Growing,
Gene

"Wendy7" wrote in message
We could start another post called "What else do you grow?" Cheers Wendy
"jadel" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 30, 5:20 am, "Ray B" wrote:
What are "cacti and succulents"? ...

Two of my severalhorticultural manias-- along with the cycads, the
vireyas, the nepenthes, the bonsai, the roses, the bamboo and the
camellias. Oh yeah, the orchids, almost forgot the most annoying of
the lot.

J. Del Col