Old 01-09-2007, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default :-((Off we go again :-((

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

I, Marvo, say

Yeah but he doesn't have Betjeman's sense of whimsy or humour or
skill with words.

So, I have to say that Betjeman's "Ode On The Marriage Of Charles And
Diana" is possibly the singularly most trite piece writing since the great
McGonegal wrote the "The Railway Bridge of the Silvery Tay".

I haven't read the "Ode to the Marriage....." but I wouldn't be surprised if
it was appalling. I thought that Elton's John's rendition of Candle in the
Wind as "England's Rose" (????) was mawkish. But then I was never a Di fan.
I thought she was a manipulator and not very stable.

Burns was a genius.

Each to his own said the old woman as she kissed the cow. Have you read
Betjeman's "On a Portrait of a Deaf Man"?