Old 01-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Winsford Winsford is offline
Registered User

My favourite birds in the gardens. I shall miss their excited squeeky/chirpy chatter when they go - usually around the 20th of Sept - but who knows with this crazy summer we're having. The garden goes ever so quiet when they leave.

'My pairs' are frantically feeding their third clutches now. I always wonder if this last clutch ever gets to South Africa first time around, as I suspect they hole up in Morocco or some place for their first winter and then link up with their older brothers and sisters upon their return the following April. Who knows?
www.winsfordwalledgarden.com
Large garden-based website. Gardens open daily (April-October). New Gardening forums