Old 01-09-2007, 01:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default New Lawn How?

"Bob F" wrote in
:

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
Sheldon wrote in news:1188585406.579798.105320
@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order and
time should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid of the
old (how), installing a sprinkler system or any thing else you can
think of. Can someone with experience please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.

Better hurry. Labor Day weekend is generally considered THE best
weekend to start a new lawn.

Really? Everywhere in the world?

Bob

Yes, everywhere in the world, some outlying planets and the three closest
galaxies to the right.