Old 01-09-2007, 01:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default New Lawn How?

On Sep 1, 8:19?am, FragileWarrior
wrote:
Sheldon wrote oups.com:

On Aug 31, 9:42?pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"FragileWarrior" wrote in message

. ..

Sheldon wrote in news:1188585406.579798.105320
@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order
and time should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid
of the old (how), installing a sprinkler system or any thing else
you can think of. Can someone with experience please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.

Better hurry. Labor Day weekend is generally considered THE best
weekend to start a new lawn.

Really? Everywhere in the world?

No, but in Noo Joisey it is.

Also New York to Indiana and all spots in-between.

Actually the OP *indicated* he's in Noo Joisey... see Jack Allen's 2nd
post.