Old 01-09-2007, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Allotments at the end of August

On 1 Sep, 08:24, Broadback wrote:
That reminds me, is the chap with the allotment that was under water
still reading here? If so how is it doing, also what happened this
year? Love to know.

Me too. He had lost all his onions did he. He had a new plot too - he
needed time to understand the site I'd imagine.

I've given up the heavy clay corner now and therefore let go at 1/2 my
plot. I had a difficult neighbour who never looked after the left
path, he's never there and when he comes he smells of after shave,
wears Raybans, white shirt, huge gold neckless and I haven't seen any
crop for two years on his plot - just lots of wires, carpets and
plastic buckets. He however manages to get lots of crap next to his
shed, which most of it had fallen onto mine and tipped mine slightly
in last February's strong winds. Also I got in trouble for the path,
again, and also a megaenormous blackberry has settle down, on his side
but in the middle of the path now. I simply don't have the time to
carry on taking care of so much for this bloke who has never thanked
me .... So I've waved goodbye to the end bit of my plot - moved all
the rasberries and two young redcurrants but sadly I've left behind 2
great rubbarbs and several mature red currants and black currants
bushes.

Anyway, smaller plot but I'm happier that way ;o)