Old 01-09-2007, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
raeannsimpson raeannsimpson is offline

Default cornstalks & soybeans

On Sep 1, 10:04 am, Jim wrote:
raeannsimpson wrote:

Howdy neighbor Jim,

doing well and hope you are too.

Since I was the OP, I eavesdropped on your reply to Charlie....

Glad to hear of the success your friend had while using soybeans as
feed. Makes me feel a little better about it. You reckon the beans
will pull good at market again?

this is my local point of sale:http://www.baileyfeedmill.com/
$8.23 this morning and with the major reduction in bean
acreage this year due to farmers going with corn coupled
with the new biodiesel facilities coming on line right
here in NC and then reduced yields due to this blasted
drought I'm feeling like the supports are in place for a
good market this fall.

I know those guys...good people there.

Down here in Sampson, crops don't look
too good at all.

crops up here in Wake, Franklin and Johnston counties are weak.
the only real rains this year have been from small spotty thunder
storms.

Same here in the rainfall department. Northern parts of the county
have gotten more rain than we have here.

Enjoyed checking out your page.

thanks. I enjoy picture taking, it's kind of a hobby.

As a side note/
question, you ever do business with Asgrow?

no.

just wondering...my grandfather was a dealer up that way after
retiring from the ag office. also used to be the greene co ag. ext.
agent.

Who was the supplier you
tried out on the lime page? I think I recognize the logo on the
trucks, but can't make it out too good....

they are out of Wilson NC but my contact is in Wendell named,
Wendell Farm Market. they can be reached at 919-365-6402.
the applicator truck is GPS equipped and has always done an
excellent job of being able to adjust the application rate
while moving over the land as a result of the GPS mapping
created from soil samples. GPS on the crop producing farm
is good stuff.

I thought I recognized it. My (bio-)dad works for Wilson County Farm
Supply. He does most of the field work...taking the samples, driving
the Prowler, etc. I'm originally from Wilson County. Saratoga, to be
exact. I didn't move down this way til '98.

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/t/h/theplanter/- Hide quoted text -

another nice one to look at...good job on your pages.