Old 01-09-2007, 07:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Powdery Mildew starting on squash

The real solution is to start new cucumber plants around the end of July.
I've known this for 25 years. I have never done it.

:-(

You've known it but never done it? You sound like me LOL. I read somewhere
that you should exactly that - plant several sucessive crops so that you
have young vigorous plants when the old ones die off. My cucumbers are
pretty much spent, I wish I would have planted some fresh ones a month ago.
My mutant acorn squash was planted in the beginning of July, and it is
healthy, vigorous, no sign of mildew, and just now starting to produce. I
expect to get a lot of goodies from them until the frost hits.