Old 01-09-2007, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Blight Resistant Tomatoes

"Bob Hobden" wrote ...
"Ferline" certainly is resistant, I've proved it to myself over the last
few years, even that succumbed eventually out on the allotment this year
but then it was surrounded by others with blight. From now on we intend to
just grow blight resistant varieties so they should all be OK.
Found some "Fantasio" which is also from T & M and is also resistant.
What we now want is a cooking type, like "Brigade" was, deep red flesh
with little "water" that is resistant.

Found some info about "Legend"....
http://www.victoryseeds.com/catalog/...to_legend.html
which sounds just right for the British climate and it's a big tom too.
It appears they are available from T & M...
http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/726/1

So that makes three blight resistant varieties available in the UK. Ferline,
Fantasio and Legend.

"Brigade" is no longer available, at least I can't find it, used to be from
T & M but last year they only sold it in the USA, this year it's gone from
there too. They refused to supply anyone in the UK with seed.....I asked.
It has been in the past one of the most planted in the USA for the
processing industry for the same reason we like it for cooking, good taste,
lots of deep red flesh, and little "water & seeds".

--
Regards
Bob Hobden