Old 01-09-2007, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Swallows

On 1/9/07 17:45, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 16:57:38 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 1/9/07 16:54, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 15:03:18 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 1/9/07 10:25, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 10:15:07 +0100, Sacha

wrote:

On 1/9/07 09:45, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 09:07:39 +0100, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
snip

I'm green with envy. I *told* Ray we should have a pony and a donkey
for
the grandchildren. ;-)

Is that a fair swop?

I think so. Have grandchild, willing to swap for pony and trap.

I don't believe you. Not for a millisecond.

Of course, the parents would have to agree.

Catch 'em after a bad night and you never know!

They have had bad nights ever since he was born. ATM I guess they'd take the
pony and trap and get down to making another one.

Babies haven't read the books. My youngest grandchild went out like a light
every night once her parents were persuaded to give her a tiny bit of solid
food, rather than just milk.

I knew a Polish woman who chewed sauerkraut and then fed it to her baby. I
don't
know if that is the norm in Poland.

I don't know about Poland specifically but it was the norm to chew food and
give it to babies, long before baby mush was invented in sterile jars!

Nobody told *her* she shouldn't have it, so
she loved it. ;-) Of course, then she started teething.......

They haven't thought of teething yet - luckily :-)

No, this one's a bit precocious on that and making heavy weather of it.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk