Old 01-09-2007, 07:08 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default floating water lilly

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
MattR wrote:

I don't know if this is a problem or not, but I have a now huge water
lilly that pulled itself out of its pot and is now floating and taking
over the top of my pond. Apparently it doesn't need soil. Should I try
and repot it?

Tie a rock to it, and leave it be!

I've had great success with this method.

(actually, I'd divide it first)

Hmmm much less work then repotting, and lower cost as well.

Might just start doing that.

BTW, can pickerel be relocated deeper? the instructions I saw said 12-18"
deep, but my pickerel are about 2 feet or more above the water level, and
look like they could be relocated to at least a foot deeper. The wind
catches them now, knocking them over, and the deeper water will reduce that
issue, if not eliminate it.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)