Old 01-09-2007, 08:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Lost my best koi

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message

For the last couple of years, my largest koi has had a tumor. She was
about 1- years old. She finally succombed to it. She was very tame,
had long veil fins and was 26" long. A sad loss. The others seem to
be doing fine. Jim

Jim, so sorry to hear about your fish. I see my fish as living time lines,
so if an older one were to die, it would be like that time line gone. They
may not be warm, fuzzy & cuddly, but they give my eyes a lot of pleasure to
see them swimming happily along.

I'm not one to name fish really, but I put 4 wakins and 4 fans/moors in the
lily pond this year that I won't be bringing in. Last year all but 2 were
taken by a bird (I think). A club member mentioned finding kids fishing
over his fence, but I don't think that was it. Anyway.... I put 5 fake fish
in way before I put out the real fish. Daily I go out and say to myself,
there's Precious (the prettiest one of the wakins), Twin (who is almost as
nice as Precious), Peewee, the smallest wakin, and White, a white wakin.
Then there is Panda, the panda moor, Momma fan & Baby fan, and a black moor
that really doesn't have a name beyond that. Not exactly imaginative, but
works for me. ;-) Other than disappearing into the pre-filter a couple of
time early on, all going good now. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us