Old 01-09-2007, 10:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default floating water lilly

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 12:08:40 CST, "Gareee©"
wrote:

BTW, can pickerel be relocated deeper? the instructions I saw said 12-18"
deep, but my pickerel are about 2 feet or more above the water level, and
look like they could be relocated to at least a foot deeper. The wind
catches them now, knocking them over, and the deeper water will reduce
that
issue, if not eliminate it.

I bet it can. I know I start my cannas on top of other baskets and once
they get tall enough, remove the basket below them for the same reason as
you mentioned above. Wind. s ~ jan

Cool. I'm tired of fishing them out, and loosing some of their valuable pond
plant growth. I abandoned working on a new filter this year.. 3 failed
attempts was just too much for one year, so I'm just running the uv and an
aerator now, for good measure. I'll do a water swap every few weeks, and
dick around with it again next year.

Since we had the drought and high temps, being outdoors was miserable most
of the time anyway, with all our plants suffering anyway. Never thought
anything could slow down hosta growth! LOL!

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)