Old 02-09-2007, 12:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Got my answer ! Need help ID-ing a caterpillar

On 9/1/07 2:19 PM, in article ,
"Leon Fisk" wrote:

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:38:02 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

It's a red humped caterpillar - I found the Princeton Guide to Caterpillars
at the library. It doesn't even become a pretty butterfly but a rather drab
moth....
Thanks everyone for your help!

Hi Cheryl,

That is a relatively new book and is on my wish list It
isn't all that expensive either. Just shy of $20 via Amazon.

The small Peterson book has been around for awhile now and
used to be about the only decent reference available for
caterpillars. It was recommended to me by a respected
Naturalist (at least respected by me .

And there are too few respectable people around these days

I've wish listed as well....

Cheryl